Saturday, February 5, 2011

Something Special Saturday - 2/5/11

Here's a little somethin'-somethin' for your enjoyment:  a sampling of the things from blogland that have caught my eye this week.



My children think my mashed potatoes are the best.  So, you can only imagine how insanely delicious I thought this party food had to be: Mashtinins.  Lisa of Moore Minutes served up a mashed potato bar at a recent party, with the taters in plastic martini glasses.  Genius!   You just have to see it to believe it.  And her list of--get this--26 toppings is truly inspiring.

I recently discovered a terrific site, Sprik Space.  I stumbled upon this gem of a blog when doing a search for free Valentine printables.  Aimee takes free printables to a whole new level, providing readers with a multitude of color options for her free, downloadable graphics.  This is one of my favorites.

Our team won't be playing in the Superbowl this year, but my kids are asking for a Superbowl party, anyway.  (They loved last year's party.)  I've come across some excellent party food ideas, this week, but the one that is definitely on my list for tomorrow is this one for Beef Fajita Nachos from The Pioneer Woman.  I love nachos, I love fajitas, I can't imagine a more perfect combination.  That Pioneer Woman knows what she's doing.

Is it time for me to jump on the bunting band wagon?  I've been holding out, but then I came across this Valentine bunting over at Whipperberry.....and I think I might have to recreate it using my beloved canvas drop cloths. 

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment