Sunday, February 27, 2011

Decorating for the Seasons - Winter

When we purchased our current home, its decor was decidedly not neutral.  Each space had a very definite color scheme and those color schemes didn’t necessarily match with each other or our tastes.  As we’ve made changes, we have had an idea of general cohesiveness that we want to achieve, and we’ve kept a neutral color scheme in mind.  Most of what we’ve brought to the house is a palette of creamy tans, warm whites, and chocolaty browns.

 There is a downside to all this brown and tan, though.  Neutrality can be predictable and boring.  Lately, I have tried to think of neutrals as a canvas to which I can add bright, fun punches of color.  This actually makes decorating for seasons and holidays pretty simple.  I can pick one or two fun colors and really go for it with inexpensive accessories and window mistreatments.

This week, I’m going to be sharing some of the quick, easy projects I did earlier in the month to decorate for winter and insert one of my favorite colors into our spaces: RED.
During the week, I'll add links to this list of projects as I post them:

No comments:

Post a Comment