Friday, February 4, 2011

Life in the Skating Rink

As my title suggests, it's been a little icy outside my house.  Today was the first day my children have been to school since Monday, due to the weather.  Luckily, we didn't get all the snow that some of the rest of the country got, but my town was encased in ice.  Literally.

Since my prime blogging time is while my kiddos are at school, I took a blogging break this week.  I put my kids to work and started several projects.  Now I'm on a roll.....I'm in the middle of several projects and I feel like I have to drop everything else and just get them done.  Do you ever feel like that?



So, this is a heads up that I'm going to extend my blogging break for a week or two longer, other than a couple of posts that I already had scheduled to go up in the next few days.  I'm planning on accomplishing quite a bit, and taking pictures while I work.  Here's a list of what I've accomplished in the past two days:

  • I FINALLY finished the slipcover for my wing chair.  Oh, she's pretty now.  She's got the suh-weetest ruffle!  Can't wait to show you!  How embarrassing is it that I've been putting that off since September?
  • I  cut up an old tablecloth (red with white snowflakes) and turned it into all kinds of pretty things to snazz up my house for winter.
  • Some of those things I made were cute pillows for the slipcovered chair and my family room couches, and window valances.
  • I FINALLY figured out how to get my vintage sewing machine to sew a zig-zag stitch.  Then, I really went out on a limb and figured out I could do all kinds of fancy embroidery stitches with it.  Yeehaw!  Some additional pillows may have been made in the process.
  • I hemmed a pair of jeans.  Broke 3 sewing machine needles in the process.  They look horrible.  I've decided never to hem jeans again.  Ever.  I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it for me.
  • I announced to the Bionic Man that if the Gacky Sage in our family room did not get covered in Antique White before the end of February, I would go mad.  I suggested that all meals may be flavored liberally in sage, among other threats.  I think he got the message, because when I asked what his plans were for the weekend, he mumbled something about painting.  
Awe-inspiring, aren't I?  Wish me luck on all my projects!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth,
    I am trilled that you are safe! I was getting worried. erica

    ReplyDelete