Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Day of Fall?

Welcome to Fall in the mid-western United States, where on this first official day of autumn, our temperature is going to be a crisp, cool, 95 degrees fahrenheit!?!?!  Yes, it still feels like summer at my house.  While I try to get up the courage to go running in the heat and humidity this morning, I'm going to post a few pictures from our actual summer.  Enjoy!

As you may remember, we drove across the country to see our families in the Rocky Mountains, this summer.  The children and I stay out there for almost a month, and between all the activities we do and climates we pass through along the way, packing for this trip is a nightmare.  I went to say good-night to the children one night during the week we were packing, and found them like this:
 I'm not sure how to explain this.  This is the girls' room, where we were doing most of the packing.  Those bins are where we store off-season clothes, and there are obviously a few laundry baskets around there.  I have no idea why they are all sleeping in the girls' room (slumber party?) and I have even less of an idea why Endeavor is sleeping on a bed of bins.
It's like the Olympic medal ceremony for some new event....sleeping?
 
Anywho....after we were finally packed and on the road, Uncle Newell and Aunt Suzanne were kind enough to let us stay with them when we passed through Missouri.  They took us out for ice cream at this local favorite.
I think it was called Arni's.

The ice cream--which was actually frozen custard--was delicious.
So was the sunset.
Speaking of sunsets, they just got better and better the further west we drove.  Here are some pics of one we saw as we drove across Wyoming.


It wasn't 95 degrees in Wyoming when we were there in July.  I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment