Monday, May 9, 2011

Your Attention, Please

I have an important announcement to make.  {trumpet fanfare}
(That's a vintage microphone.  Nice touch, right?)

Ahem.  As of today, I refuse to believe the claims of {fill in the blank with the name of whichever celebrity gave birth less than eight weeks ago and is currently on the cover of a magazine at the checkout stand}, who credits her amazing post-baby body to breastfeeding.

Unless she provides me with proof that she is able to breastfeed while doing squats, lunges, crunches, hamstring curls, and planks.  If she is able to do a full cardio/strength routine each time she breastfeeds her baby, then yes, I think breastfeeding should get the credit.

That is all.

P.S.  I think there are many wonderful benefits of breastfeeding to both mother and baby.  I just don't think it is fair to make new mothers without personal trainers feel like there is something wrong with them because they look like they just had a baby.  As if they need any more reasons to get teary eyed.  Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

  1. You mean you didn't lose ALL your baby fat within 8 weeks...thanks of course to breastfeeding your little one. Anyone that believes this stuff is crazy. I breastfed both my boys and pumped for Hope and can tell you that I never lost the 60 pounds from my first son...he is almost 6 (UGH). Now that I am done and have 3 minutes during the day I may actually try to lose the extra weight...or maybe I will just spend those extra 3 minutes playing with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 Weeks huh? Yeah, right. I may have breastfed TWINS (therefore extra calorie loss right!) but I still hadn't lost all of my pregnancy weight in 8 weeks... You're not even supposed to exercise until after 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was funny! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete