Anywho, I was wracking my poor brain for inspiration and thought to look back in my blogging files for unpublished stuff.....and, looky here! I found somethin'.
Here is what it took to make this fun little number:
- paint (I used Rust-oleum Satin Aqua spray paint)
- 18 gauge aluminum or copper wire--the kind used for hanging picture frames
- sturdy wooden shape--a block, scrap 2x4, pedestal candle stick, etc.--that is flat on at least one side. (I used a short piece of unfinished oak railing, leftover from another project)
- sandpaper and glue
- I started out by covering my decorative wooden piece with a couple coats of aqua spray paint.
Once I had the wire bent into a pleasing shape, I decided how far I wanted it to stick up out of my newly aqua decorative wooden piece, and snipped the wire with pliers.
I used the smallest drill bit we have and drilled down about 1-1/2 inches into the piece of wood. (In my excitement over using yet another fun power tool, I forgot to take a picture of this step.)