Monday, March 7, 2011

Something Special Saturday on a Monday - 3/7/11

I've had a goal to post these little featurettes on a more regular basis.  But I have to say, this last week ran me over like a truck.  Thank goodness for Blogger's schedule post option (lets me write in advance and publish later), or you wouldn't have heard a word out of me last week.  So, let's pretend today is Saturday, okay?

You know how I'm currently suffering from a slight slipcover obsession?  They've been on my brain.  Now that slipcovered chair #1 is sitting in all her finished, completed glory in my front room, receiving compliments from any who see her, I'm getting the itch to sew a few more.  In fact, I'm thinking of branching out from cheap canvas dropcloths, to an actual fabric.  Linen, actually.  (Note:  I have no idea how much linen costs, yet, so this could all change.)  Look at these extremely nifty slipcover/upholstery pictures I found while getting a post ready for the CSI Project:

You like?  There is a whole slide show of these over at Country Living.  (Check out that burlap footstool with the little ruffle!  I could eat it, it looks so appealing.)

Anyone else in the mood for slipcovers?  This theme for this week's challenge over at CSI Project is slipcovers & upholstery, so there ought to be a lot of inspiration!

On a completely unrelated subject, our family recently made a discovery that has revolutionized our Sunday afternoons.  The Bionic Man and I have been able to take uninterrupted Sunday afternoon naps for three weeks in a row, thanks to The Friend online magazine.  For my readers who aren't Mormons, The Friend is a magazine The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints publishes for children.  The online version of the magazine has slideshows, video, read-along stories, games, coloring pages, and all kinds of other activities that are Christian-based and totally appropriate for Sundays.  If you haven't already discovered this terrific resource, go check it out!

Finally, just to go along with the rest of this random, no actual theme Something Special Day post, here is a recipe I want to try:  Garlic Stuffed Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Dill Dressing.  It was on Whipperberry, which is a site full of pretty and delicious things.

Have a great week!

Update:  Just discovered that my little embroidered canvas pillow was featured this morning on one of the sites I just mentioned, Whipperberry.  {Holding apothecary jar and weeping}  "It is an honor and a privilege to be recognized for my craft.  I'd like to thank all the canvas dropcloths that brought me to this moment.  This one is for vintage sewing machines everywhere!"  Check it out, here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to trying the drop cloth slipcovers.

    I just read through your story, it is so beautiful. Your blog is so full of meaning and heart. Looks like we share the same religion. I can't wait to read more of your blog. It seems it will be a wonderful place to learn....much more than crafts. Thanks for sharing, I'm so touched by what I've read...gave me goosebumps :O).

    ReplyDelete