Monday, December 6, 2010

She's With Me

Recently, my friend Heidi introduced me to Collin Raye's song, "She's With Me".  I've been a long-time Collin Raye fan, but hadn't heard this song.  He wrote the song to share his feelings about his sweet little granddaughter, who is featured in the video, below.  I suggest that if you are going to listen and watch, you do so with a box of tissues.  (If you are following through Reader, click here to watch.)


Of course, I couldn't help but think about our Lily as I watched this.  What a beautiful and poignant illustration of what an honor and blessing it is to be the parent (or grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle, etc.) of an exceptional child.  Though our time on earth with Lily was brief, I am so grateful for the piece of heaven she turned our home into while she was with us.  I'm thankful for the unconditional love that she gave us.  I'm deeply appreciative of the lessons Lily taught us while she was with us, and for the powerful influence her life and her example have had on our family and so many others.

This also calls to mind all of the families who still have their miracle child with them, and continue to struggle every day to meet the needs of those children.  Though frequently rewarding, it is never easy.  Please keep them in your prayers.  If you feel like you can do more than pray, here are some organizations that will accept monetary donations to help children and their families who have special medical needs.  There are many others, but I chose to list the ones that have impacted our family.


Despite the teary-eyed post, I wish you much joy as you prepare for Christmas in the coming weeks.  May your celebration of the birth of our Savior bring you closer to Him and to the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment