Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not What I Expected

Good Morning!

Well, I didn't have surgery yesterday, after all.

I stayed up late Tuesday night getting everything ready so that the Bionic Man and Endeavor could run the house.  Laundry was done, dinners were prepped, dishes were washed (mostly), towels and sheets were clean, bread was baked, and we'd been to the library and picked out books for everyone.  I had even thought ahead and made myself jello.  I was more prepared for a hospital stay than I have ever been.  I was also exhausted, and actually looking forward to sleeping all day. 

So, naturally, something had to go awry.  Wednesday morning, as the Bionic Man and I were walking out the door to get in the car and go to the hospital, the phone rang.  It was the doctor's office.  My doctor's wife had gone into labor, so he had to cancel my surgery.

The Bionic Man was really bummed that he had to go into work.  I was really bummed that I wasn't going to get to spend the rest of the day sleeping!  My children were very surprised to find me vacuuming the house when they came home from school.  "Why aren't you sleeping on the couch?"  Endeavor asked.  "Are you supposed to be vacuuming?"

Suddenly, I have an unexpected gift to enjoy.  Tomorrow, my children begin their spring vacation from school.  I have groceries purchased, meals prepped, and laundry done.  We are going to be able to have a fabulous time together!  Instead of lying on the couch all spring break, moaning, I can run around doing fun things with my kids!  And getting them to help me with our spring cleaning projects! 

Thank goodness that doctors' wives have babies!
Happy Spring, from Holland!

By the way, here is a fun video about my church, 
hosted by Steve Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment