Friday, July 22, 2011

Move in Progress....

Recently, I made the decision to move this blog from Blogger to a self-hosted WordPress site.  What in the world does that mean, and why should you care?

Well, really, you don't have to care.  It just means I'm going to be using different software to publish this blog, and my blog URL (that's it's address) is going to change slightly.  It also means that, during the process, things might be a little wonky on BOTH blogs, due to the risks of, well, the risks of me doing my own reprogramming.  Hopefully, most of the bugs will get worked out quickly, but in the meantime, I hope you'll pardon the dust during my remodel!

Why am I making the switch?  Mainly because I've really enjoyed using WordPress publishing tools when I write for sites like The CSI Project and Infarrantly Creative.  I like the way WordPress handles their media uploads, among other things.  Another reason for the switch was for the added customization that I can get when I publish with WordPress.  I would like A Trip to *Holland to showcase the web publishing skills I've developed, so I want my own site to look as sharp as possible.   WordPress simply offers more freedom to do that.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take all of you nice people who follow A Trip to *Holland along with me.  Just in case, here is my new address:

No comments:

Post a Comment