Saturday, April 9, 2011

Something Special Saturday - 4/9/11

I don't know if it is because I just came back from vacation, or what, but I have to confess something.  I've become obsessed with maps.  Specifically, maps used for decoration.

I've been finding super fun ways to decorate with maps, lately, and I'm just about ready to roll up my sleeves and put together a map room.  (We're all about going places, in this family.)  I've never really done anything to decorate our basement rec room, maybe that's because it needs to become the map room.  Check out what I've found, so far:
A Vintage World Canvas 16 x 20
Vintage World Canvas from Etsy shop LilyGene's
WORLD MAP - giant organic cotton cushion- the whole wide world cushion cover, pillow 86cm/34inches x 61cm/ 24 inches .
World Map Giant Pillow from Etsy shop MyBeardedPidgeon
Customize Your Home is Where the Heart Is World or USA 11 x 14
Customizable Your Home is Where the Heart Is print from Etsy shop LilyGene's
Fascinating Cork Board Map from blog DesignDump
DIY Map Picture frame from Maybe Matilda
DIY (seriously?) Canvas Map Art from Save it For a Rainy Day

I think I could have way too much fun with this idea.

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend!  The kids and I have a big yard clean-up project planned.

1 comment:

  1. We went to the library today and I chanced upon a very moving, picture book that made me think of your map room...."How I learned Geography" by Uri Shulevitz....you need it! Find it, buy it, lay it around, as your children "feast" on their views of the world!

    ReplyDelete