Friday, April 29, 2011

Dress Envy

MayI just say....did you see this dress?
Um, hands down one of the most beautiful dresses I've seen.  Ever.  Did you see all those buttons?

It's right up there with my all time favorite.  Sigh.

Kate was lovely, as well, but I have to admit, if I was 5'10 and narrow of hip and shoulder, I would wear Pippa's.  Nicely done, ladies!
Endeavor and I, fans of all things romantic and British (we watch Pride and Prejudice regularly) woke up at 4 A.M. to watch the proceedings.  I had to go to fitness boot camp an hour into the broadcast.  That was harsh.  I gave Endeavor strict instructions to keep me informed--she did this admirably, describing all the hats I missed.  I left boot camp early (oh yes I did) because watching a royal wedding with my firstborn is simply way more fun than doing 100 push ups (which I did, before leaving bootcamp).  I arrived back home just in time to see Kate appearing at the Abbey.  Endeavor and I squealed like the girls we are and jumped up and down.

Weren't the hats fascinating?

Endeavor said she got tired of me saying, "Oh, maybe this wedding will bring back hats!"  I want a hat.  Maybe like this one, along with the dress that goes with it.
Or this one...
Thank you, My Fair Lady, for making me the woman I am today.  But I need a hat.


Seriously, why don't we wear hats in America, anymore?  What is WRONG with us?!?!?!

I just had a deep thought:  it appears to me that, in America, we try to make a splash with our purses.  In Britain, they make a splash with hats.  The purse carries money.  That hat sits on the head, which carries the brain.  Coincidence?  I think not!

I shall leave you to ponder the depth and meaning of this post.  Endeavor and I need to watch Mr. Darcy stammer his love to Elizabeth.  And squeal and jump some more.

Talley-ho!

P.S.  Did anyone else see Mr. Bean at the wedding?  Because I know I did.  It was a disturbing sight.

4 comments:

  1. I loved both dresses too! My friend made a comment that maybe Pippa's dress was what Kate really wanted to wear but couldn't because of traditions/conventions/whatever.

    I love hats...but some of them were a bit out there! Anti-gravity, for sure. I can barely keep my hair in place, let alone a precarious hat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had dress envy for sure that day....and hat envy! WOW!! Gorgeous!!! And....I did NOT see Mr. Bean at the wedding. Now I am for sure going to re-watch the wedding (since I DVR'd it) just to try and spot him. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here you go Ruth!
    http://www.stylearc.com.au/stylearc/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA! Good laugh! Sis and I got up at 5:00 to watch it--obviously! Unfortunately, Sis had to leave for seminary as soon as Kate made it up the aisle!

    ReplyDelete