Monday, January 25, 2010

Superkid's Version: Away in a Manger


We still have some of our Nativity sets on display.  I collect Nativity sets.  I like to display them for as long as possible.  The Bionic Man likes to display our Christmas Tree for as long as possible.  It, too, is still on display.  What can I say.....we are very festive.

But back to the Nativity sets.  This is one of my favorites, a tiny Nativity that was given to us by my brother-in-law and his brother, after they visited us while we were living in Germany.  They bought it in Oberammergau, the home of the famous Passion Play.
But wait, what's this?  There is something a little strange about this Nativity.
Who has joined Mary and Joseph at the Manger?  Let's zoom in and take a closer look.
Hmmm.....that looks an awful lot like a Polly Pocket I know.  That's strange, I'm pretty sure Polly Pocket is not from Bethlehem.  Or Oberammergau.
This looks like the work of Superkid.

"Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
- Matthew 18:4

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! I love how it looks like she is so lovingly looking after baby Jesus.

    Kids sure do some adorable things!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete